5 Ways to Annoy Recruiters: How to Make Sure Recruiters NEVER Call You Again
By Goldbeck Recruiting Inc.
Based on real events. Every job that has to deal with the masses has it’s challenges. Here are a few examples on how to get on my blacklist.
- Be Egotistical. Continually tell them why you are a “perfect fit” for the position. Their rejections show their lack of knowledge and it is up to you to teach them. “Constructively” critique them and make sure they understand what they are missing out. Expressing emotions using colorful language will go a long way to ensure they truly understand how you feel.
- Be Loud and Proud. Recruiters receive hundreds of resumes and, in order to stand out, you have got to be loud. Do so by constantly calling, emailing and stalking them on their social networks. Not only will that put you ahead of all the other applicants but, it will show them that you don’t give up easily.
- Make Cold Calls. Do call the recruitment office and ask for a random recruiter who will listen to you whine about how you can’t find a job. If that recruiter doesn’t want to listen, ask to be forwarded to all of his/ her co-workers. Be sure to leave voicemail messages.
- Don’t be Monogamous. Feel free to work with as many recruiters as possible. This will only increase the chances of landing a job. If a recruiter gets kicked in the process, remember the end justify the mean.
- Play a Game (just not theirs). The best method to find out your professional worth is to find out how much companies will be willing to offer you. It doesn’t matter if you are not interested in the job. Use this opportunity for practice and leverage. Go as far as you can in the interview process, when you receive an offer, back out. Hey, you got what you needed. You can even present the offer to your current employer and they will match that offer.
Henry Goldbeck is the President & CEO at Goldbeck Recruiting, a recruitment firm based in Vancouver, BC. You can reach him via @GoldbeckRecruit, Facebook or email at [email protected]
The kind of stuff that Social Hire do...
We won't just do social media strategies. Social Hire will work collaboratively with your team to ensure your business gets genuine value from us and that your team gets the most out of the service. Our experienced social media managers are motivated to make a enhancements to your social media marketing and reaching targets in a way that realistically makes a difference to your business goals.
Isn't it time to stop making difficult personnel choices that don't work well for your online marketing?
Is it important to you to increase the digital footprint of your business by utilising digital marketing, but can't work out how to begin?With the professional understanding of our digital experts working in your business, you can begin to see interaction, brand loyalty and enquiries get better without having to take your team out to spend time on ineffective marketing strategies, or spend money on a internal marketing manager with a view to get results that may not deliver!
Our team of managers are a team that assists our partners improve their digital presence by producing online marketing services on a regular basis. Our service is transparent and economical, which ensures that you get a great service and results that make a difference when you utilise our services. We arrange many different marketing services for enterprises from small businesses to large corporations to help make the most of of your company's digital and social marketing.
You might like these blog posts How Future-Oriented Companies Can Hire for Tomorrow, 5 Best Web Builder Platforms for Small Business, 74% of Your Employees Are Thinking About Quitting. Are You Ready to Stop Them?, and Social Bookmarking: The Best Sites and How to Use them.
Back to Candidate blogs