Have you ever spoken to someone who is excited about job search? For most people looking for a job is as humble as it gets. But let’s face it, it’s something we have to do to if we want to get a job. The longer your job search drags out, the more your self-esteem and motivation will suffer.
In this article, I will show you 5 steps you can implement right now to shorten your job search and tap into the huge hidden job market using LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is the most used database recruiters and hiring managers use to search for candidates. Recruiters and hiring managers would rather find you than pay to post the job to a job board. If you’re not visible on LinkedIn, you’re out of the game. Implement these 5 steps to make LinkedIn the gateway to your next job:
1) Complete your LinkedIn profile (www.linkedin.com) and make sure to create a compelling headline and summary. Complete every step and optimize your profile with important key words and skills pertinent to your industry and the type of position you are seeking.
2) Grow your network. In order to be visible on LinkedIn and to take advantage of most of the features, you need to grow your network. The larger your network the more people can find you in searches. Once you get 500+ connections you’re visible to about 90% of LinkedIn.
3) Join LinkedIn groups that are specific to your industry. Participate with relevant content and be a resource if you can. Make sure to be courteous and provide valuable content and comments. This is a great way to network with people in your industry and gain valuable contacts for your job search.
4) Look up people who are in a position to hire you. Through the advanced search feature you can search by title, industry and company. Once you find key people to network with, find out which LinkedIn groups these people belong to and join some of the same groups to get a chance to connect with them.
5) Download the app LinkedIn Signal (www.linkedinlabs.com). This tool will allow you to listen in to status updates from hiring managers and you may find out about a job before it is posted. Signal allows you to narrow down the status updates using search filters such as industry, company, time published, region and more. You’ll be surprised at how fast you can find relevant content about jobs. These updates will usually appear before a job is posted and you can reply directly to the person who posted the update, putting you right in front of the person in charge of the hiring.
We won't just do social media strategies. Social Hire will work collaboratively with your team to ensure your business gets genuine value from us and that your team gets the most out of the service. Our experienced social media managers are motivated to make a enhancements to your social media marketing and reaching targets in a way that realistically makes a difference to your business goals.
Our digital marketing managers are the wizards that can give you the insight you need to develop your business. Have you had enough of making complex personnel choices that don't work well for your digital presence?
The social media marketers in our company are the best in the business at helping our partners enhance their online marketing. We outline and implement cutting-edge social media marketing plans that help our customers realise their organisational objectives and further their social media presence. Our experienced team of digital experts do your social media strategy creation and management in an uncomplicated monthly plan that is cost-effective and is genuinely useful, whatever results you demand from your marketing team.
We're an organisation that helps our clients boost their social media marketing by offering social media marketing on a monthly basis.
You might like these blog posts How Should Human Resource Department Handle Working In High-Risk Environments, Small Businesses: Tolerance of Political Chatter in the Workplace Differs by Generation, How to Select a Task Management Tool That Boosts Startup Productivity, and 10 Ways to Make Your Lead Generation Website Convert on the First Visit.